In anticipation of the holidays, I would like to share a favorite recipe of mine.....
The following recipe is a family tradition that has been passed down through generations in my family.
First, prepare the seasoned stuffing mixture. I use:
10 oz. DRY white bread and 6 oz DRY wheat bread, process gently in food processor. Season with salt, pepper, sage and poultry seasoning.
For 12-14lb Turkey
16oz homemade seasoned stuffing mixture
1 ¾ c. very hot water
8oz plus 3 T. (I use high quality butter such as Keller’s or Plugra)
2 stalks celery and celery leaves
1 large onion
2 pints fresh oysters in their liquor
Sea salt
White pepper
Sautee celery and onion in 3 tbsp. butter until soft and translucent.
Mix sautéed onions and celery into the stuffing mix, add remainder of butter to hot water, stir to melt. Add to stuffing mixture and mix gently. Fold in oysters and oyster liquor
Salt and Pepper to taste
Stuff into turkey and roast accordingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment